Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Aria Montgomery

So babes and babettes, now I've shed some light on my life, its now time to get down to the real nitty gritty of it; meaning the FASHION! As I sit here, in my baby-pink snoopy pyjamas, I contemplate my style. I recken I'm like an awkward, Aria-cross-Hermione, with not quite so many guts as Aria, and no magic wand. I love Aria, and her style and her guts. But I am really lazy, and Hermione/Emma Watson sweaters-sneakers-jeans combos just sorta come naturally to me. But I try, darlings, I TRY! Isn't that what counts?

So at the moment, and I know I'm being totally original here, I am absolutely crushing on Aria Montgomery. With her swishy dark hair, those eyes (and eyelashes...total boy entrancers, but gorgeous nonetheless)and her style! Check it out; so individual, so dark, so gothic retro. (If you don't know what I'm talking about, you obviously live under a rock, and you need to see the light of Pretty Little Liars. Google NOW!)

Aria's style is so grunge-pretty. It's a little bit boho, with all her swishy dresses, a little pretty with her hair and make up, a little alternative with her cute tights, very gothic with her tonal palette of maroon, browns, greys, plums and blacks, and a little grunge, as seen in her footwear choices. Now we don't all have the luxury of a four figure allowance to dress ourselves with, but there are bits we can do. Check out www.freepeople.com or www.forever21.com. My personal favorite at the moment is www.modcloth.com. But back off, the last one is limited and those shoes are MINE!

To channel your inner Aria, choose darker colours of more tonal, gothic palettes such as dark reds, plums, shades of browns, charcoal, black and khaki. Do not mistake comoflague for khaki. Aria favours cute legwear, like patterned tights, shorts, knee-high socks and the like. If you are more inclined to cover your legs, like me, invest in some seriously funky pattered jeans or leggings. Aria prefers stream-lined shapes and lots of layers, so be prepared to pile it on. Double your cardigans, belt your dresses/tops, wear long-sleeved tees under your dresses. Make sure that you balance your outfit out though; no need to have chunky layers on the top and the bottom. Try a couple of tops with some serious jewellery and skinnys, or a floral skirt with a loose cardigan and tight (but not slutty. Think flattering ladies.) flattering top.

Remember that fashion is about your interpretation. You're not Aria - unless you are blessed enough to be Lucy Hale or her doppleganger - and you need to make this style yours. Its like wearing your mums old stuff. You either look like a little girl trying to ber her mum, like you are wearing your mums clothes - or you funk it up, and add a belt and hat and rock it!

Fashion away, xxxEm

No comments:

Post a Comment