Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Winter Dressing


Today, as it is a Saturday and I have noooo exams next week (wooo!) I have spent the day doing what my mother calls 'jack shit'. I call it trawling the internet for outfit ideas. Now, I'm a tad behind the times, so bear with me, but I'm a little obsessed with polyvore at the moment.

As we (I) have established, I'm vair vair small length wise. Width wise, I'm not... lets just say I'm no Selena Gomez, my waist clocking in at a good 30 inches. So, in winter, I have to be very careful what I wear so I don't look like a giant marshmellow - and it doesn't help that I get cold real easy.

So I invest in a lot of vests, singlets, heavy-duty socks and boots. My formula for winter dressing is quite simple; hat+scarf = warm head and neck. singlet+long sleeved-tee+jumper+jacket = warm upper body. Here, making sure that they are all different lengths. Long singlet means shorter tee and even shorter jumper, and a long jacket or vest. Thick alpaca wool socks + jeans +boots = toasty toes and snuggly legs.

Make note of colour and its effect on the weather - dark jeans absorb heat, PLUS they are more flattering... so I'm thinking dark jeans, non? Mix things up a bit; go from jeans to skirts and tights, long top and jacket to a dress and a cardigan. And choose whats comfortable for you. No point wearing a hat is your head doesn't get cold, or you have such a magnificent head of hair that you really don't need one (if this is you, I am rather jelly).

Remember, HAVE FUN! Be you. xxxEm

No comments:

Post a Comment