Thursday, June 14, 2012

Tints of magic

So today, I thought (for my, wait for it, three readers who probably stumbled over my page by accident) I'd have a little ramble about my guilty pleasure; tints (for all you beauty numsculls, I mean dying/tinting eyelashes/eyebrows a different colour. DUH!)

See, my eyelashes are as white as snow. I'm not even exaggerating. If I don't gloop them up with mascara, you cannot see them. So, when I was in year seven (thats like, form one or whatever for those of you in America or the likes) my mum introduced me to eyelash tints. My eyelashes went from being white-blonde to dark-brown. You could actually see my eyes, which for me, wasn't really a positive because my eyes are really expressive, so I had been getting away with all these eyerolls because my eyes weren't accentuated. But, I looked gorgeous (hey, the modesty is BACK!) and I didn't get all that yucky mascara gloop under my eyes at the end of the day.

So now I'm in year 10 (you do the math people in America) and I'm an expert. Sorta. So the thungs I've learnt from my four years of tinting are;

1. Salon tints cost a bucket. Better to do it at home.

2. Tint them BLACK not brown. Brown has green pigments in it, so if you have light eyelashes, it goes green eventually.

3. If your doing it yourself, find yourself an old mascara wand to swipe the tint on, rather than using the crappy little stick given to you in the packet. I use a wand and it does MAGIC to the coverage.

4. Use 2 cotton wool balls to get the dye off. Place one dry one under your eye, and another slightly damp one on the top and press downwards, as if you are stroking the product off. If you get this shit in your eyes, you'll be BLIND! No, joking, but it hurts like hell.

5. Tint your eyebrows at a salon. Contrary to popular belief, it is soooooo much easier and looks soooooo much better. Better to have slightly lighter eyebrows than eyelashes, because you want your lashes to be the statement.

6. Finally, my last piece of wisdom; use mascara sparingly. The chemicals in mascara clean the tint clear off your eyelashes. Not fun.

Hope this has helped some people! I'm going to go clean the tint off my eyelashes now. xxxEm

No comments:

Post a Comment